Attributed to Pierre-Philippe Thomire (1751 - 1843).
Pair of candelabras, six arms of light.
Charles X period.
Height : 80 cm
Width : 37 cm
Resting on a stand decorated with a frieze of palmettes and stylized flowers, a tripod base with lion claws is surmounted by a fluted shaft decorated with fleur-de-lys and plant motifs.
The light arms take the form of an horn of plenty and are decorated with floral scrolls.
Pierre-Philippe Thomire, who was a supplier for Ancien Régime aristocrats, collaborated with the Sèvres manufactory as a regular bronze-maker before buying Martin-Eloi Lignereux's business and becoming the largest supplier of bronze furnishings for imperial castles and palaces.
He retired in 1823 but continued to manage his company "Thomire & Cie" until his death in 1843.
A similar pair was delivered by THOMIRE & Cie in 1837 to the Trianon estate in Versailles for King Louis Philippe.