Patinated bronze and turquoise marble.
The ancient marble that inspired this representation of Aphrodite was discovered at the end of the 16th century. It is attested that it was in the Villa Medici from 1704 and then transferred to the Uffizi Palace in 1787. Between 1684 and 1686, Antoine Coysevox made a copy that he interpreted for the northern parterre of the Château de Versailles. This last reproduction has been widely copied.
Our model, without drapery, is faithful to the antique and the shell on which it rests is a 17th century addition. It is made in several parts and mounted with a key, it has an imposing base in turquoise marble, a beautiful quality of casting and chasing and patina.