Large vase in Renaissance style.
Florence, late 19th century.
Height 100 cm
The Cantagalli factory, traditionally in existence since the end of the sixteenth century, was run in the nineteenth century by Giuseppe Cantagalli until his death in 1878, when the factory was taken over by his two sons, Ulisse (1839-1901) and Romeo. The company name was Figli di Giuseppe Cantagalli and became well-known for its historicist styles, exhibiting at the Italian Exhibition in London in 1888.
It is best known for its production of Renaissance-style ceramics, as well as direct copies of celebrated pieces of Renaissance maiolica in collections in Italy, England and elsewhere.